Friday, October 28, 2005

The Fusion Reactor #67 - Se7en

Yeah, it's a movie reference. That's the closest I'm getting to the 10/31 "holiday" this year. I mean, if it's a holiday, why do I have to work? So it must not be.

The theme of this show was seven. The number seven? No, the song length - about 7 minutes. At this point the song has been given enough time to develop, but has not gone overboard into the epic territory. This show also marked the return of the Classic Jazz Track. I'm not sure why that was missing from the last few shows, but I sure was glad to have it back. I hope you were. No epic this week, we had plenty a few shows back.

So, the playlist...

KBB - The Desert of Desires 07:38
Jaco Pastorius - Kuru/Speak Like A Child 07:41
Kansas - All The World 07:12
Passport - Looking Thru 07:44
Machine and the Synergetic Nuts - Neutral 07:49
Salem Hill - All Fall Down 07:14
Gilgamesh - (a) We Are All; (b) Someone Else's Food; (c) Jamo And Other Boating Disasters - From The Holiday Of The Same Name 07:50
Tony Williams Lifetime - Lonesome Wells (Gwendy Trio) 07:30
Neal Morse - In the Fire 07:25
Wes Montgomery - West Coast Blues 07:27
De Fenestra - Rodent Dance 07:32
Saviour Machine - Twelve-Hundred-Sixty Days 07:28
Dave Weckl Band - Mesmer-Eyes 07:51
Clarke, DiMeola & Ponty - Indigo 07:12
Ozric Tentacles - Trees of Eternity 07:25
Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Jekyll And Hyde (And Ted And Alice) 07:05

The links:
Download the podcast. (Right click, Save As...)
Stream the podcast.

5 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! When I first saw the list, I thought you played Rodent Dance because it's in 7/4.

But thanks for playing us again, whatever the theme!

-Joe M.
defenestra.com

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Moses.

I love the shows. Is there a url for an xml to enter into itunes or winamp to get an automatic podcast pull?

Thanks

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Moses said...

Thanks for listening! The URL should be http://www.thewell.name/fusionreactor/fusionreactorpodcast.xml

...or just search the iTunes podcast directory, because the chances are kinda slim that I remembered that all.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Moses said...

The kids love it when I sing Bob Dylan songs with that voice. The adults actually get it though.

I must admit, my Camel collection is severely lacking. Like I said, donations are accepted. :-)

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the url. You might want to put it on the site. Winamp now has podcast-pull capability, but I needed the URL to manually enter, since Nullsoft doesn't access Apple's database. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home