Friday, October 21, 2005

The Fusion Reactor #66 - New to Me

Thanks to the recent birthday and the kind gifts of friends and family members, I got some new (not in release dates though) music and thought I'd put together a show that spotlights some of those. I don't have the playlist ready right now, but check back soon.

This one ended up being a little bit heavier than I usually shoot for, but I think there was a nice balance between the prog and the fusion.

Rhythm Buddies - Thunderbird In Thirds Party 3 13:11
Allan Holdsworth - Low Levels, High Stakes 09:05
Frank Gambale - Salvador Once More 09:58
Adrian Belew - Beat Box Guitar 05:09
Adrian Belew - Asleep 05:24
Gong - Sleepy 07:19
Gong - Heavy Tune 06:26
Visual Cliff - Rapture 07:44
Visual Cliff - Romans 10 06:07
Visual Cliff - Beneath The Sand 05:05
Chick Corea Elektric Band - Tale of Daring, Chapters 1-4 15:52
Chick Corea Elektric Band - Free Step 07:47
Ajalon - The Illusion Of Permanence 07:33
Jan Hammer & David Earle Johnson - Night 08:03
Phil Keaggy - Chorale #198 00:53

Grab the stream here.
Download it right here. Right click if that's the way you're browser is gonna be about it.

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger CommonWombat said...

Hey Moses, I just wanted to drop you some positive feedback. I discovered the Fusion Rector podcast on iTunes a few weeks ago.

I've long been a prog/fusion fan, but my experience has always run somewhat in the "mainstream:" Yes, Genesis, Weather Report, Crimson, etc... Thanks to your show I've been exposed to a bunch of great music I porbably would not have otherwise heard. Thanks!

Keep up the great work!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Moses said...

It seems my goals have been accomplished.
:-)

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO not up to date on your Gong, but we love your show anyway!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Moses said...

Hey, The Fusion Reactor takes donations! Feel free to send me all the Gong you like to get me up to date! ;-)

Thanks for the compliment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home