Friday, October 14, 2005

The Fusion Reactor #65: Epics

I didn't know what I was going to play for this show. It was a mystery even to me, even after the show started. I knew this much:

When I came home, there was a package there. I opened it to find the remaster of the Santana/McLaughlin classic Love, Devotion, Surrender. One thing was sure: I was going to play something from this. So I started off with the epic Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord from that.

After that... Well, just check out the playlist:

Artist - Song (Time)
Santana & McLaughlin - Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord (15:45)
Ajalon - On The Threshold Of Eternity (16:06)
Schleigho - Witch Hunt (14:32)
Ozric Tentacles - Tentacular Explosion (Reading Dec '85) (10:09)
Chick Corea Elektric Band - Blues For Miles (15:10)
Rush - The Necromancer (12:32)
Miles Davis - Rated X - Billy Preston (14:34)
Dave Bainbridge - The Everlasting Hills Parts 1-5 (19:36)

Epics are the essence of prog. Plus they're easy and fun to program. Personally I think it turned out great.

Grab the stream here.
Download it right here. Right clicky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home