Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Fusion Reactor #207 - The Math Reactor

There has been some discussion recently as to exactly what "math rock" is. I thought I'd answer that question with a show.

Someone mentioned (much to my surprise) that they liked my radio voice. That's rather odd to me since, as some people seem to have a "face for radio," I've always thought I had a "voice for instrumental music." Math rock is primarily instrumental music, so I should be perfect for it, right? Then again, fusion is primarily instrumental as well.

Well, here are some very mathy and some not-so-mathy bands. Two hours worth - I hope you're up for it!

The Rancher of Neverland Ebu Gogo 4:20
Rhythmic Displacement Kalon 7:51
Birds Flying Into Buildings Birds And Buildings 9:12
Bring On the Cobras Rumah Sakit 8:19
Synchronicity III Turing Machine 8:51
Memento Mori Coma Lilies, The 8:53
The Eating Contest Tabula Rasa 6:00
Shinkai LITE 5:23
Slaughbaughs' Ought Not Own Dog Data Don Caballero 4:43
B + T Battles 6:09
Song on a Record You Can't Get Speaking Canaries, The 4:54
The Buffalo Song Bellini 3:15
The 2nd Perpetuate the Beautiful Storm & Stress 4:09
Empathievery Ahleuchatistas 6:26
viii Cancer Conspiracy, The 6:15
Ransom Stoddard Volta do Mar 6:55
Will's Red Bed Hosemobile, The 7:18
Kaleidoscopic Tower We Are The Music Makers 6:56

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home