Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Fusion Reactor #140 - The Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 - "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

There's also no law against having a show based on this theme. I thought about having an entire show on each of the fruits of the Spirit, but I thought it would be more fun to put them all together in one show. So here goes... Enjoy!

John Abercrombie - Love Song
John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana - A Love Supreme
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Salem Hill - The Joy Gem
Jerry Goodman - Tears of Joy
Psalm 33:3 - "Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy."

Ten Point Ten - Peace
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way - Shhh - Peaceful - It's About That Time
John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Atmosfear - Patience
Tool - The Patient
Proverbs 25: 15 - " Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone."

Gentle Giant - Think Of Me With Kindness
Procol Harum - The Milk Of Human Kindness
Jeremiah 31:3 - " The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."

Passsport - Good Earth Smile
Bill Bruford - Feels Good To Me
Psalm 23:6 - " Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Faith
Simon Apple - Leap Of Faith

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Bozzio Levin Stevens - Chaos/Control
Dixie Dregs - Cruise Control
1 Peter 5:8 - " Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Yes, I left out meekness. I ran out of time, and plus it's hard to find prog songs about meekness. Perhaps I should have gone for humility or gentleness. Maybe another time I'll hit those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home