Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Fusion Reactor #160 - Sound Chaser

Songs are naturally made up of a bunch of sounds... and sometimes silence. It occurs to me that there are a bunch of songs about sound, or bands named after sound. This is only scratching the surface, I didn't even get to the onomatopoeia yet. Maybe another time...

Sound Chaser (Detroit 1976) Yes 11:18
Sound Museum Coleman, Ornette 6:17
The King's Enchanter Soniq Theater 12:24
Without A Sound Simon Apple 3:15
Love Sounds Abigail's Ghost 6:49
Sonic Garden Fareri, Francesco 2:33
Spanish Moss - A Sound Portrait a) Spanish Moss b) Savannah the Serene c) Storm d) Flash Flood Cobham, Billy 16:55
Telling England By The Sound Masi, Alex 4:33
Schizophrenic Playground Sonic Pulsar 10:08
Ancient Hieroglyphics Sonic Music 6:51
The Sound of No-One Listening Porcupine Tree 8:14
Sounds From Below Lake Trout 4:16
Let Me Drown Soundgarden 3:52
The Diamond Sea Sonic Youth 19:36

I tired to shoot for some more "sonically explorative" songs instead of just your run-of-the-mill prog and fusion. In some cases I found it. Personally, I love the last song, but I'm sure some will absolutely hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home